Awards & Accolades
1. The American Public Works Association Arizona Chapter has announced the winners of 2017 Project of the Year Awards. All 10 winning projects can be found here.
2. A new combined campus for Casa Grande Middle School and Saguaro Elementary School will begin construction in September, 2017. The new $23M campus will integrate the two schools into one while maintaining separate facilities for the respective grade levels.
3. FLANDERS, an Indiana-based manufacturer of heavy industry electric motors and generators, is breaking ground on a 6,750SF administrative and warehouse building, adding to its footprint at 5785 S. Belvedere Ave., in Tucson.
4. Sunrise Management has begun $2.4M in renovations and repositioning for two Phoenix-area multifamily properties recently acquired by a partnership of Modern Residential and Henley USA. Totaling 481 units, the properties are Sonoma Pines in Peoria and Sonoma Villas in Mesa.
5. Work is underway to more than double parking, from 18 spaces to 40, at Yuma’s Foothills Post Office. The project is expected to be completed this winter.
6. Construction for the State Route 347 overpass project is now in full swing. A status update hotline has been established at 520-316-6910.
7. Global Water began construction to expand its Maricopa operations at the beginning of the year. It plans to be completed with major changes by October and finish implementing process changes by the end of this year.
8. Arizona Broadway Theatre is spending $750K to expand its 1KSF multipurpose area into a 3.5KSF multimedia performance, banquet and conference area.
9. Biltmore Center, at the NWC of Camelback Road and 24th Street, recently added a signature sculpture by local artist Brad Konick as a focal point of the development’s core.
10. Shepley Bulfinch announced it has completed a new luxury student residence building in Tempe for CA Ventures and its student housing investment and development division, CA Student Living. RISE on Apache is a 15-story, 640KSF mixed-use student housing complex, located on the corner of Apache Boulevard and Rural Road.
11. Work has wrapped up on SOHO Scottsdale at the SWC of 92nd Street and Bahia Drive. The 64 townhomes and 10 lofts are the brainchild of Scottsdale-based Catclar Investments.
12. 180 degrees design+build announced the recent completion of the Hazel Hare Center for Plant Science. This 85KSF horticulture campus is the heart of the Desert Botanical Garden, providing world class facilities furthering the art and science of nurturing the Garden’s renowned plant collection.
13. Opening day of the completed $14.2M Pacific Avenue Athletic Complex in Yuma will be celebrated Sept. 1 beginning at 6 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony, followed by the opening ceremonies for the 2017 USA Softball Men’s Western Class E Slow Pitch National Tournament.