1. LGE Design Build has begun construction on the new $1.7M Scottsdale headquarters of Arizona Outback Adventures, a premier provider of personalized tours and travel services.
2. Flagstaff’s Pine Knoll Drive from Lone Tree Road to South San Francisco Street will be under construction beginning this week through December for the installation of a Flagstaff Urban Trail System trail on the north side of Pine Knoll Drive.
3. After construction delays, Paradise Middle School and the site’s high school athletic fields are now expected to be finished in October.
4. The Biltmore neighborhood’s Wrigley Mansion is currently undergoing $1M worth of upgrades. Renovations should be completed next year.
5. hardison/downey had a recent project completion at the GoDaddy Corporate Care Center in Scottsdale. Renovations included conference rooms, breakroom, small private offices and open office space.
6. A ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house is planned by the Town of Queen Creek to celebrate the opening of the Law Enforcement and Community Chambers Building at 20727 E. Civic Parkway.
7. The City of Peoria has completed the second river trailhead along the New River Trail System. The New River Trailhead at Fletcher Heights provides access to the New River Trail that connects several miles of trail through the Valley.
8. Cathedral Development Group has completed the $33M conversion of a historic Phoenix luxury hotel into The Historic Westward Ho Apartments, an affordable senior housing community.
9. Kitchell recently completed a large renovation and expansion of the Women and Infant Services Unit at Banner Casa Grande Medical Center. The project architect was Phoenix-based Devenney Group.
10. Arizona State University’s Fulton Schools Residential Community at Tooker House is a 1,600-person, co-ed residential community for undergraduate students in ASU’s Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. The “dorm built for engineers” features on-site digital classrooms, state-of-the-art makerspaces complete with 3D printers, laser cutters and design tools needed for a broad range of engineering courses and projects.
11. Union @ Roosevelt, an 80-unit apartment development in Downtown Phoenix, has opened for move-ins. It is the latest in a series of new residential properties in the Phoenix urban core, which have added more than 800 new units in 2017.
12. With the Aug. 1 grand opening of Conair’s all new, 800KSF distribution center in Glendale, the facility becomes the largest campus within their corporate system, allowing the company to ship its products directly to the final consumer.