1. A groundbreaking ceremony was held July 26 for the new 30-acre West Park in Queen Creek.
2. Officials from the City of Maricopa and the developers at Vintage Partners broke ground on Edison Pointe on July 31.
3. The Bullhead City Council voted to approve a resolution in support of the plan of development for Gary Keith Civic Center Park. A groundbreaking will be held Aug. 9.
4. LGE Design Build has set a groundbreaking on a new location for Watch Me Grow Childcare and Preschool for Aug. 4 in Gilbert.
5. McShane Construction Company’s Southwest Region announced the firm was selected to provide the comprehensive construction services for Phase II of Desert Gateway following the successful completion of Phase I. The multi-building industrial project is underway for a joint venture between Griffin Opportunities LLC and 36th Street Partners.
6. MariSol Federal Credit Union is planning a September grand opening for its new headquarters at 15th and Grand avenues once construction is complete.
7. Construction at the Willow Creek Road Apartments has stalled. There is no timeline for completion. HUD and the City of Prescott had issued stop work orders due to construction issues.
8. The City of Coolidge has launched its last phase of roadwork on the “Historic Loop,” with a project designed to reconstruct Main Street. This is the third of three major projects in the area.
9. hardison/downey construction, inc. announced it has reached the halfway point on the construction of a two-story wood frame senior living facility in Avondale. The 152KSF, 169-unit Legacy House project includes a full commercial kitchen, laundry facilities, private and common dining rooms for residents, library, discovery room and two courtyards with shade structures.
10. “The Muse” luxury mixed-use development now occupies the corner of McDowell and Central in Phoenix, and officially opened August 1. The project features apartments, restaurants and retail space in the heart of the Arts District.
11. Officials celebrated the completion of a new $10.9M progressive care unit at Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center in Sun City West. The hospital converted a 23KSF shelled space to serve patients with a variety of conditions.