Awards & Accolades
1. Capping off a year-long push to reduce building energy use and carbon emissions, Lincoln Property Company has announced that it has earned ENERGY STAR Certification by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for a 2.8MSF Phoenix office management portfolio.
2. For the third consecutive year, Vistancia has been awarded a Top 20 ranking among U.S. master planned communities by RCLCO’s midyear report. Vistancia ranked No. 17 nationally and is the second best-selling community in Arizona with 274 sales, up 31 percent year-over-year, among the master plan’s three actively selling communities.
3. A.R. Mays Construction recently broke ground on the $6.7M Galaxy Theatre Montesa in Tucson. The nine-auditorium renovation of a former Basha’s grocery story is expected to be completed in March.
4. The Grille at Shadow Rock at The Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock‘s undergoing a $2M makeover focused on reflecting the surrounding environment, using copper accents, natural woods and earth tones.
5. Vintage Partners has broken ground on Edison Pointe, the 14-acre land at the northeast corner of Edison Road and John Wayne Parkway in Maricopa. Edison Pointe, the second phase to the Fry’s anchored center, will include 130KSF of development to provide space for new anchor tenants.
6. Five Star Development, owner and masterplan developer of the $2B Ritz-Carlton hotel and residences in Paradise Valley, is underway with land preparation on the highly anticipated development. Site work commenced in October 2016 and the mass grading is nearly complete.
7. In its efforts to redefine the P83 entertainment district along 83rd Avenue south of Bell Road, the City of Peoria is placing signage in the center median at Skunk Creek, about one-quarter mile south of Mariners Way.
8. Whiteboard Development Co. is building the District Lofts, a 172-unit multifamily rental project on Cullumber Avenue east of Gilbert Road and the restaurants north of Elliot Road. Opening is scheduled for Sept. 1.
9. Road work continues on Ironwood Drive in northern Pinal County. The major arterial street is receiving safety improvements. The construction zone is from Germann Road on the south to Elliot Road on the north. This project is widening the road’s shoulders and placing safety cables in the median.
10. The $15M expansion of the Pinal County Courthouse is finished with a major goal of freeing up space to allow cases to be resolved faster.
11. LGE Design Build has completed construction on WireMasters‘ new $3.3M, 33KSF distribution center in Mesa, which will cater specifically to military, aerospace and defense industries.
12. LGE Design Build also recently completed construction on a massive new mixed-use project located at 2301 S. Stearman Drive in Chandler, and Revelation Real Estate has a new place to call home. The 20KSF, $5M property is the company’s new official headquarters and also offers realtors and those looking to enter the industry a real estate school, a brokerage firm, the title company “Magnus Title,” an event center and a bar and café, all in one.
13. Unison Bank has set up shop in a new location in the 1800 block of East Pecos Road in Gilbert. The 9,600SF branch replaces the bank’s previous Valley location in Mesa. The building was developed by DBSI, Inc., which specializes in construction services for banks.
14. The recently completed Mayo Clinic School of Medicine, also called Mayo Med School, began instruction last week at its Scottsdale campus at 13400 E. Shea Blvd.
15. The Mohawk Rest Area has reopened on Interstate 8 following a $4.6M renovation. The Arizona Department of Transportation rest area, located near the Mohawk Pass at milepost 56, has all new facilities, including new restrooms as well as new plumbing, electrical systems and parking areas.
16. A.R. Mays Construction recently announced completion of a new, $8.2M ground-up construction for Main Event Entertainment, a 50KSF indoor family entertainment venue in Gilbert.