1. National Self Storage broke ground recently on a new self storage facility in Dove Mountain, Arizona.
2. Opus is beginning the first phase of a next generation, master-planned, 95.6-acre industrial development in Goodyear. Located Goodyear Crossing Industrial Park, the property is adjacent to the Union Pacific rail line. The first project is a 540KSF cross-docked building.
3. A P3 between the City of Phoenix, Arizona State University and the Arizona Golf Community Foundation will begin construction of a new clubhouse and practice facility at Papago Golf Course, 5595 E. Moreland St. in Phoenix, this month.
4. Walls are going up at the site of a new shopping center on Tucson’s southwest side. Bourn Cos. development, Fashion Park Shopping Center, on Irvington Road and Interstate 19, got three building permits for retail shells with a value of $2.3M.
5. The steel beam signed by fans and the entire field of drivers during this year’s Verizon IndyCar Series Phoenix Grand Prix has been installed in one of the two new Canyons – the redesigned and expanded entrances associated with the Phoenix Raceway Project Powered by DC Solar. Fans who signed the steel beam will forever see their part of The New Phoenix Raceway as the beam will be visible from the top of the new Canyon 1. The beam is part of nearly 250,000 pounds of steel and 8.5KSF of metal decking that will make up the interactive Canyon 1 entrance.
6. Pathfinder Partners, LLC has completed renovations on public areas as well as four models in Aderra Condominiums– an upscale, 312-unit, gated community at 11640 N. Tatum Blvd. in Phoenix. The firm acquired 90 units within Aderra in 2016 for $15M.
7. Target‘s first “small-format” store has opened on Camelback Road. The company’s new 50KSF Uptown Camelback site includes items such as apparel and accessories, fresh groceries, home products, a CVS Pharmacy and a Starbucks.
8. LGE Design Build has completed construction on Chandler Airpark, a nearly 97KSF, six building commercial development. Construction on the project located on Douglas Drive wrapped in May with developer Silagi Development. Three of the single-tenant spaces have been filled with the remaining three, varying in size from 11KSF-22KSF, available to lease or buy.
9. LMC has opened Nexa, a new mixed-use apartment community in Tempe, consisting of 399 apartment homes and 4.3KSF of ground-floor retail.