1. LGE Design Build broke ground on HQ2, its new headquarters, July 19. The $4M project, designed by LGE Principal Architect Ben McRae, will feature mid-century modern design that uses the same building systems as LGE client projects. Blended with a state-of-the-art interior that features a warm, industrial aesthetic in an open floor plan concept, the single-story, 22KSF building will be located at 1200 N. 52nd St. The project is to be complete in the second quarter of 2019.
2. (WIP Casino del Sol, Arizona Daily Star) Work officially got underway July 12 on Casino Del Sol’s newest hotel. The 151-room hotel, expected to be completed by the end of 2019, will feature its own pool, complete with a water slide and pool bar, as well as an arcade, lounge and fitness center. The 93.2KSF hotel will sit on 2.2 acres next to the existing Casino Del Sol.
3. (WIP Cameron, Multi-Housing News) StreetLights Residential has broken ground on its first luxury multifamily community in Tempe and third project in Arizona. Dubbed The Cameron, the 349-unit property will feature landscape designs by Linda Tycher & Associates, interior designs by 5G Studio and overall architectural direction by WDG Architecture.
4. Since breaking ground in April, construction on Eloy’s new City Hall is progressing smoothly. June’s monthly progress report showed a lot of the underground has been completed. The building’s pad was certified and the footings are complete. The fire and domestic water service lines are complete, as are the dry utilities, APS connections, fiber optic and CenturyLink conduits.
5. Work continues on two stretches of interstate between Casa Grande and Tucson. A 4-mile stretch between Earley Road and the Interstate 8 junction has crews working primarily on the new bridge that will be over Jimmie Kerr Boulevard. At the State Route 87 intersection in Picacho, crews also are working on straightening the interstate and creating a third lane.
6. The 325-unit Aviva luxury apartment community in Mesa is 75 percent completed with limited vacancy ahead of its official grand opening in August. The property is now 82 percent leased, with only 58 of its 325 total units still remaining.
7. Ware Malcomb announced the completion of the new 35KSF offices of Varsity Tutors located at 2120 E. Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 101 in Tempe. Ware Malcomb provided interior architecture and design services for the project. The tenant improvement project features open office space, a training room, conference rooms, a large break room, and multiple collaboration areas. Jokake served as general contractor.
8. The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton in downtown Phoenix recently celebrated its grand opening and held an official ribbon-cutting event. Key representatives from Apple Hospitality REIT, Inc., North Central Group, Visit Phoenix, and Mortenson each made remarks at the July 9 event. The 11-story, 210-key limited-service hotel features a bar and lounge, business center, meeting spaces, fitness center, and food service
9. hardison/downey recently completed an occupied remodel of DLR’s Phoenix office, featuring a full refresh of 17.5KSF of office space. The focal point of the new space is a new exposed structure great room, which serves as both conference / meeting room space, as well as an entertainment space with bar and kitchen equipment. Also included was the creation of new huddle rooms and new terrazzo floors in the lobby.