Awards & Accolades
1. The Structural Engineering Society of Arizona has awarded Gannett Fleming the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Award for its work on phase one of the modernization of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Terminal 3. Gannett Fleming provided concept programming and design, construction management, concept as-built investigation, and construction administration services.
2. ADOT has announced the next phase of improvements to SR 87 began July 11. The road is narrowed to one lane in the work zone between mile markers 223 and 226, approximately 25 miles south of Payson.
3. The Local, a new, mixed-use development located at the intersection of University Drive and Ash Avenue in downtown Tempe, has officially broken ground. Developed by Forum Real Estate Group, The Local will be a unique, luxury apartment residence anchored by Whole Foods Market 365. The nine-story structure sits on an 81KSF parcel.
4. The 70-unit affordable housing rental complex, West End Station, in Tucson broke ground July 11.
5. Construction continues on the Topgolf facility in Marana. The three-level range and entertainment center, will feature 1,500SF of private event space and 72 climate-controlled hitting bays that can each host up to six players. Topgolf centers also feature full-service restaurants, bars, and game rooms.
6. Silagi Development and Management is building Phase I of Skyway Commons, a new speculative, Class A industrial project getting built in the West Valley. The project totals 110KSF and is aimed at smaller and mid-sized tenants. JLL is handling the leasing via brokers Riley Gilbert, Anthony Lydon and John Lydon.
7. The Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway continues taking shape with the installation of bridge girders at the future interchange with 17th Avenue in the Ahwatukee Foothills. The girders are the first placed for the Arizona Department of Transportation’s South Mountain Freeway project
8. Pecos Road between 17th Avenue and 24th Street is shifting to an interim alignment for Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction.
9. ASARCO Hayden Smelter Operations have begun major improvements and repairs to the facilities and equipment in Hayden. Included in the $40M dollar repairs is the installation of wind fencing throughout the property to keep harmful dust particles from leaving the property.
10. An expected completion date of May 2018 has been announced for the 50-unit Artspace Lofts artistic live-work space in Mesa.
11. LGE Design Build has completed construction on the newly renovated 30KSF Galleria Corporate Centre lobby in Old Town Scottsdale.
12. Cawley Architects of Phoenix recently completed a 9,130SF surgery center for Spectra Eye Institute at the newly redeveloped 37KSF headquarters of Retinal Consultants of Arizona along I-17. Spectra Eye Institute provides specialized surgery services for patients of Retinal Consultants