1. Sunset Community Health Center held a groundbreaking ceremony June 29, 2017 on a new facility adjacent to its North Yuma clinic to provide a pharmacy and dental services.
2. The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is undergoing an $8.5M renovation to update to its 224 guest suites and meeting space. Work started in June, 2017 and should be completed in September.
3. Scottsdale Airport will host a ceremonial groundbreaking to officially mark the launch of the terminal area redevelopment project. It takes place at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at the terminal building, 15000 N. Airport Drive. This project will upgrade and enhance the area with some of the largest hangars at the airport and maximize use of the parcel’s building footprint and offer a new “place” in Scottsdale where residents and visitors can experience the airport for more than just travel.
4. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. will top out construction on the new $22M five-level, 282KSF South Stadium Parking Structure for the University of Arizona in Tucson later this month. Upon completion in August, the garage will have 915 parking spaces, restoring parking spaces that have been used for campus development of new residence halls, athletic/recreation areas, and other buildings on the southern part of campus.
5. A.R. Mays Construction has announced the completion of its $2.2M EVO Swim School project in Mesa. The architect was Vertical Design Studios, LLC. Work consisted of the ground-up construction of 7KSF swimming pool facility with an indoor and outdoor pool and pool equipment building. Features also include indoor and outdoor viewing areas, showers and staff training rooms.
6. On July 1, the City of Phoenix introduced Bloomcanopy, a large-scale steel sculpture on Pierce Street. The project, part of the city’s Tree and Shade Master Plan, offers hardwood seating and plenty of shade along the newly shrunken tree-lined lane between Central Avenue and First Street.