Awards & Accolades
1. The $100M Mountain Shadows resort in Paradise Valley, has been awarded with the esteemed AAA Four Diamond Rating this week. Luxury fashion and lifestyle magazine, Vogue, also named the resort to its list of “Best New Hotel Pools in America.” These accolades come only months following the resort’s opening on April 1.
2. MainSpring Capital, developer of the 232-acre mixed-use Pima Center along with Forum Capital, have broken ground on its 22-acre retail mixed-use center called The Block, which is the largest mixed-use center in Scottsdale since The Quarter. It will contain more than 70KSF of free-standing pad and retail shop space.
3. Jackson-Shaw has partnered with LaPour Partners Inc. to break ground on Parc Pinnacle, a nearly 312KSF, three-building speculative industrial project in Deer Valley. The Phoenix office of JLL was granted the leasing assignment for the new development.
4. A ribbon-cutting was held June 12 for the completion of the Barn to Bunkhouse conversion project at Whispering Hope Ranch, a 45-acre camp for children and animals with special needs, outside Payson, Arizona. At full capacity with 126 beds in the existing Phase I construction of 10 cabins, an increase in the number of beds was necessary to ensure children in need have access to the WHR camp experience. A.R. Mays Construction was able to fund and build the $350K project through donations of labor, materials and financial contributions. Phase II is currently being planned.
5. Orbital ATK has opened its new Satellite Engineering Building in Gilbert. The expansion of the company’s engineering operations adds 60KSF to the site that includes Orbital ATK’s Satellite Manufacturing Facility. The company’s total footprint in the state now totals nearly 850KSF.
6. The West-MEC Northwest campus in Surprise will open on schedule Aug. 2. Construction is entering the final stages for Phase 1 at the 19.3-acre campus for the Joint Technical Education District.
7. A New Leaf has recently completed a $35M development for supportive housing at its La Mesita Community. Thirty units have been constructed, with additional meeting rooms for the community and other nonprofit organizations.
8. The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa has unveiled a $3.6M renovation in its pool area. Renovations include a U-shaped bar and dining area, new fire pits, a new Grab & Go bar, a new sound system and more.