1. Work kicked off with a Wall Bashing Ceremony for the $90/230KSF ASU Hayden Library Reinvention Project. Architect is Ayers Saint Gross, and Holder Construction Company is the GC.
2. LGE Design Build has begun construction in Goodyear for a 44.7KSF Adelante Healthcare facility scheduled to open August 2018. The Goodyear site is the 10th location for Adelante Healthcare, a nonprofit provider of community-focused health services, and the first location in Arizona constructed from the ground up on an existing hospital campus to be.
3. Grand Canyon Education, Inc. has $120M on its construction plate this summer, with additional building slated for later this year. The company is in the midst of building a 150KSF Colangelo College of Business Building, two dorms, a 2,400-space parking garage, a 135KSF Canyon Activities Center on its Grand Canyon University campus at 33rd Avenue and Camelback Road in Phoenix.
4. Maricopa Integrated Health System announced the completed remodeling of 525SF “Teen Den” space, located on the third floor of Maricopa Medical Center. The area was remodeled to give it a non-clinicalfeel with more color, millwork, a sliding door, new ceilings, lighting and flooring. Velocity Retail Group raised more than $11K, Orcutt | Winslow designed the space and Kitchell oversaw the project.
5. The longtime midtown Phoenix home of Arizona’s first Mercedes dealership has sprouted new apartments. Parc Midtown, with 306 apartments, has opened to renters on the former site of the Phoenix Motor Company Mercedes Benz dealership at Third Avenue and Indian School Road.
6. The Churchill, located at First and Garfield streets, feature nearly 20 repurposed shipping containers will house the 14KSF shopping and restaurant project. The first concepts will begin opening later this summer.
7. The Kingman Arch was installed Tuesday over Beale Street between Locomotive Park and Lee Williams High School welcoming visitors to the historic downtown business district and Route 66. The City of Kingman spent about $170K on the arch, with the contract going to Young Electric Sign Co.