1. Pinal County has broken ground on their new 52KSF, five-story Attorney’s Office Building. This new facility will consolidate all County Attorney’s and their staff under one roof that are currently located in multiple properties around the county. The project is expected to be complete around July 1st, 2021. DLR Group is the architect and FCI Constructors, Inc. is the general contractor.
2. JLL Capital Markets announced that it has arranged construction financing and joint venture equity for the development of Cabana on 99th, a 286-unit, garden-style multi-housing project at NWC of 99th and Missouri Avenues. The 172.5KSF is expected to be complete in 2021.
3. Willmeng Construction, Inc. and developer Trammell Crow Company recently celebrated the topping out of Axis Raintree, a 175KSF, three-story, Class A speculative office building in Scottsdale. The project, designed by RSP Architects, is now halfway complete.
4. The Bondurant High Performance Driving School in Chandler will reopen June 14th after closing for the COVID-19 pandemic, and officials expect a series of renovations to be completed before July 4th. The first phase of renovations includes upgrades to the classrooms, welcome center, student lounge and gift shop.
5. The Southwest’s first Canopy by Hilton will open its doors on June 16th at 108 E. University Drive, Tempe. Owned and developed by Driftwood Capital the new 198-room boasts spacious guest rooms and suites, along with approximately 5KSF of flexible meeting and event space.
6. A once-in-a-lifetime project is now a reality with the recent opening of Heidi’s Village, a $22M, 48KSF animal shelter and veterinary clinic at 600 N. 40th Street, Phoenix. The project was designed by Cawley Architects and Iconic Design Studio, constructed by Chasse Building Team and managed by Foursite.
7. The City of Douglas held a ribbon-cutting ceremony today to celebrate upgrades and increased treatment capacity at its wastewater treatment plant (WWTP). The expansion of the WWTP is part of a larger project that includes the extension of new wastewater collection infrastructure to provide first-time service to households in the Bay Acres Colonia, currently under construction.
8. Benchmark Electronics Inc. held a ceremonial grand opening at their revamped Phoenix facility, 3201 E. Harbour Drive, on June 4th. They are aiming to double their headcount.
9. H Mart, a Korean-American supermarket chain will open its doors to its first Arizona location at 919 W. Main Street, Mesa, on June 11th. Even though H Mart is opening in a former Albertsons store, the company completely gutted and reconstructed the interior of the building.
10. McCarthy Building Companies announced the completion of the Sierra Linda Performing Arts Center, a new 24KSF facility at Sierra Linda High School, 3434 S. 67th Avenue in Phoenix, which is part of the Tolleson Union High School District. The 9-month construction project included ADM Group as the architect.