Awards & Accolades
1. Gannett Fleming’s Tempe Town Lake Dam Replacement project was selected as the 2017 American Society of Civil Engineers Phoenix Branch Project of the Year in the “Greater than $10 Million” category. Gannett Fleming was the design engineer of record for the $45M project and provided design and construction management services. The award is shared in partnership with the owner, the City of Tempe, and the prime contractor, PCL Construction, Inc.
2. hardison/downey recently broke ground on a combined total of more than 15KSF of addition and expansion space at two Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale branches: Vestar (Desert Ridge) and Thunderbirds (Grayhawk).
3. Fenix Development has broken ground on The Watermark | Tempe at the north bank of Tempe Town Lake. Phase I of the 1.9MSF mixed-use development will include 250KSF of premium Class A office space, 44KSF of high-end restaurant and boutique retail service space, and 360 luxury apartments.
4. Superstition Mountain Golf & Country Club, a private golf course community 30 minutes east of Phoenix, recently started renovations to the bunkers on its two Nicklaus-designed 18-hole golf courses. The $2M project will take approximately five months to complete.
5. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton hosted a community celebration on the rooftop of Ability360 to mark the start of construction on the 50th St/Washington Station. It is the first Valley Metro infill station and the first capital project under Transportation 2050 (T2050), approved by Phoenix voters in 2015.
6. Medical Development Partners has broken ground on Parkland Memory Care, a 56-unit memory care community in Chandler. The $10M, 36.4KSF project will be located on a 4.5-acre plot. JF Construction Co, estimates a spring 2018 completion date.
7. Skanska is approximately 20 percent finished with its work on Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Terminal 4 N4 International Concourse. The $17.7M project consists of interior improvements at the basement and apron levels of Terminal 4 Concourse 4 North. Work includes modernizing escalators and baggage claim carousels, remodeling Customs and Border Protection offices, and reconfiguring primary and secondary screening and inspection areas for Customs.
8. The Arizona Department of Transportation announced completion of its roundabout project at the intersection of SR 260 and Industrial Drive in Camp Verde.
9. The 97-unit Inspire Downtown Scottsdale condos will officially open June 17. The residential development is located on Earll Drive near Drinkwater Boulevard. Deco Communities is the developer.
10. Somerton’s new 13KSF City Hall was unveiled last week in a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The project was built by LPC Construction of Yuma at a cost of about $3.3M.