1. H5 Data Centers has announced a 25KSF expansion to their existing Chandler data center campus. This marks the second phase of the 180KSF facility, and will be complete later this year.
2. Pima County JTED held a groundbreaking ceremony for their new Bridges Innovation Learning Center, a 50KSF building that will train healthcare professionals.
3. The $300M X Phoenix, a high-rise residential project in downtown Phoenix has broken ground. UEB is the general contractor and Shepley Bulfinch and Fitzgerald Associates Architects are handling the design.
4. My Place Hotel has broken ground on the first hotel of its kind in the state. Haydon Building Corp. is the general contractor on the 63-room, four story project. The project is expected to open early next spring.
5. Mount Moriah Church has broken ground in Maricopa on a permanent facility. Since the church started in 2007, they have been using a temporary space in the Maricopa Veterans Center.
6. Pinal County has opened the first phase of a new east-west connector to I-10 in the southeast area of Queen Creek. The Riggs Road extension project from Ellsworth Rd to Meridian Rd is a two-phase project by MCDOT and Queen Creek. The first phase, from Ellsworth Road to Crismon Road, is complete, and the second phase will be complete in August.
7. The Stewart, a 19-story, 312-unit luxury apartment complex has opened in downtown Phoenix. The developer is Aspirant Development, CCBG Architects led the design and UEB Builders was the general contractor.
8. The H.S. Lopez Family Foundation Center of Opportunity opened in Tucson this week. The former Radisson hotel was converted into a one-stop-shop for people experiencing homelessness. Nearly 25 non-profit and community service groups are collaborating on the project, which aims to help people move from homelessness to self-sufficiency. Nearly $10M has been invested into the project, with another $10M planned for future additions and expansions.
9. Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center and Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler-Fashion Center have each completed a full-scale, property wide renovation. Renovations included all guest rooms, suites, meeting rooms and common areas. Both renovations were completed by The John Hardy Group.