1. WingSpan Aviation Center will soon be breaking ground and starting construction on an 80KSF airplane hangar and office space development at the Chandler Municipal Airport.
2. Hines will soon break ground on Val Vista Self Storage, the first Class A self-storage facility in Gilbert, and plans to build three to five more a year in well-populated growing suburban areas with high incomes. Hines will develop the facilities and partner with professional self-storage operators to manage the portfolio.
3. Construction began this week on I.D.E.A. Tempe, a phased 1MSF project covering 18 acres along Rio Salado Parkway. It will include two parking garages, five technology and research buildings, restaurant/retail space and 40KSF of dedicated arts space. The development is a partnership between the City of Tempe and The Boyer Group.
4. Central Arizona College Signal Peak Campus’ new 28KSF Science and 28.6KSF Student Union buildings are progressing and are expected to be completed and open at the beginning of fall semester.
5. Construction is moving ahead on the $56M-$60M renovation and expansion of Milwaukee Brewers‘ spring training home, Maryvale Baseball Park in Phoenix. Mortenson Construction is the construction manager and HKS is the architect for the project that is scheduled for completion by the start of Brewers’ spring training in February 2019.
6. The Roosevelt, a new 32-unit sustainable townhome community, is in process and coming to downtown Tempe. Located at 233 S. Roosevelt, the townhomes will showcase 2 bedrooms, 2-1/2 bath townhome models with more than 1,800SF of living space and the latest in energy efficiency, green initiatives and home automation. The first 14 units are expected to be ready this December.
7. Raytheon Missile Systems has unveiled the first phase of its expansion project in Tucson. The defense contractor debuted 559KSF of new laboratory, missile testing and office space as part of an ongoing $550M expansion and modernization project.
8. The Collective, a $15M mixed-use property in south Tempe, is complete. Designed and constructed by LGE Design Build, in collaboration with developer DBM Ventures, the 47.3KSF project is a redevelopment of the Lake Country Village shopping center. The 32.3KSF Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, which debuts this month, is the first Collective tenant to open its doors.
9. CONTOUR on Campbell, The Biltmore’s newest upscale condominium community, is now complete. LIVURBN is the project developer, and Polaris Pacific is overseeing the sales and marketing.
10. European-style cabinet and materials manufacturing company EuroContempo has opened its first 72KSF manufacturing facility and showroom in Mesa. Co-owners and founders Mark and Lisa Storey, have invested more than $14M into the highly automated facility off Power and Ray roads.
11. Canyon State Electric recently announced completion on two projects it was involved with. The first is Camelback Pointe, a two-building, 55-unit development on West Camelback Road. The second is 7th & Osborn, a new retail center at 3320 N. 7th Ave. Chasse Building Team was the lead on both projects.
12. ESI Ventures completed the renovation and refinance of Hotel Adeline in Scottsdale. After concluding a $13M renovation to the property, 5101 N Scottsdale Road, the firm refinanced its development loan and transitioned to a bridge loan totaling $33.225M.