1. CA Ventures and W.E. O’Neil Construction Co. of Arizona broken ground on two new assisted living and memory care communities in Gilbert (98KSF, 115 units) and Oro Valley (79KSF, 101 units). Both are scheduled for completion in the first half of 2018.
2. Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale will break ground May 24 on $3.5M worth of new space for its Vestar and Thunderbirds branches.
3. The 250-acre, 645-room Phoenician Resort is getting the biggest renovation project the hotel has ever undertaken. Renovation components include the main lounge and lobby, modifications to the pool areas, new retail spaces and a spa overhaul. Completion is planned by December.
4. Extensive renovations are underway at several Valley retail and entertainment destinations. Projects and their targeted completion dates include: Arizona Center, late 2017; Scottsdale Promenade, Q3 2017; Desert Ridge Marketplace, Summer 2017; and Scottsdale Fashion Square, Fall 2018.
5. Phoenix’s 440KSF Corporate Center, located near Metrocenter Mall, will be getting new signage, upgraded lobbies, food service and collaborative workspace under the design eye of Ware Malcomb, who recently took over the assignment.
6. Scottsdale Airport has unveiled its new $4.9M, 10KSF operations center. The center has earned a LEED Silver Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
7. Marriott International has announced the opening of a dual-branded project comprising a 120-key Courtyard and a 200-key Residence Inn property in downtown Phoenix. Hansji Corp. is the owner and manager of the 20-story property.