1. LGE Design Build’s $25M, 77KSf Overstreet multi-use project anchored by Flix Brewhouse broke ground March 29.
2. Upscale Mesa mixed-use retail and restaurant development Crismon Gateway Village broke ground May 3 with a Silver Shovel. SVN Advisors, Mary Nollenberger, Rommie Mojahed, and Eddie Gonzalez represent the owner, Rick Richmond.
3. Local and state officials along with the development partners and their honored guests celebrated the ground breaking of the Cotton Gin & Inn at the Windmill Winery. The Windmill Winery is expanding with the Inn, a 25-room boutique hotel, and the Cotton Gin, a historic and fully restored cotton gin blossomed into a 7KSF event venue.
4. hardison/downey announced commencement of construction on the 636-bed NAU Honors College project in Flagstaff in the company’s quarterly newsletter. The “super fast-track” project is expected to be completed in July, 2018.
5. Race fans will now be able to keep continuous track of the construction progress at Phoenix Raceway by visiting www.NewPhoenixRaceway.com, as the modernization project’s webstream camera goes live. The DC Solar Construction Cam will provide fans with a way to keep tabs on the progress of the Phoenix Raceway Project Powered by DC Solar on a daily basis.
6. hardison/downey is halfway through with construction on the Sunrise Hayden 282-unit multifamily project in Scottsdale for Sunrise Luxury Living. The project should be completed in December.
7. Tucker Woodbury, partner at Genuine Concepts and Charlie Levy, head of Stateside Presents have dropped roughly $500K to reopen Downtown Deli. Artie Vigil and AV3 Design Studio have been working on revamping the space, which will now be a, “dog-eared, broken-in tavern.”
8. Construction is on schedule for completion this year of Main Street Place, a luxury, mid-rise condominium complex. The project is on the “quiet side” of Main Street, at the entry to Scottsdale Civic Center Park in downtown Scottsdale.
9. The Arizona Department of Transportation announced it is nearing the halfway point on its $9.8M, 10-mile Interstate 17 pavement resurfacing project between Dunlap and 19th Avenues.
10. Construction of the new 30KSF Yuma Sprouts store at 1590 S. 4th Ave. is near completion. The store is expected to open in July.
11. hardison/downey has completed construction on the 215KSF Freeway Logistics two-building industrial center in Phoenix for Kitchell.
12. Pinal County has completed improvements to Pima Road, which is Queen Creek Road east of Meridian Road, including a connection to Queen Creek Road west of Meridian. The connectivity will result in through traffic from Ellsworth Road to Ironwood Drive, and further east into unincorporated Pinal County.
13. Sun State Builders has completed Cave Creek 101, a state-of-the-art speculative 54.4 KSF multitenant office/warehouse building for Greenwood & McKenzie located at 2950 E. Mohawk Lane in Phoenix.
14. Studio Ma has announced the completion of The Brokery, an innovative real estate co-working office located in the heart of the Arcadia neighborhood of Phoenix. Luke Wilson of Vista General Construction, was the contractor.
15. The Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Tempe ASU Area opened March 23 at 2102 E. Rio Salado Parkway, a short drive east of Tempe Marketplace.
16. Achen Gardner’s City of Maricopa Edison Road Extension CMAR project is complete. The project consists of construction of the extension and new alignment of Edison Road as a four-lane arterial roadway including curb & gutter, sidewalk, medians, and landscaping beginning at Roosevelt Avenue and continuing to the west along the alignment of City owned property.
17. A Pima County park located on the southeast side of Tucson and named for a historic Southern Pacific Railroad stop opened on May 3. The 274-acre Esmond Station Regional Park will serve Vail and Rita Ranch area residents, offering a walking trail, five separate fitness stations with exercise equipment, and a ramada.