1. Commercial Metals Company broke ground on a 63KSF expansion to create spooled rebar at CMC Steel Arizona, an “environmentally responsible” micro mill in southeast Mesa.
2. Best Western International Inc. is preparing to break ground on a new hotel in the Happy Valley area of Phoenix. The brand will be opening the company’s first new-build, dual-branded Best Western Plus/Executive Residency by Best Western Phoenix in north Phoenix.
3. Greenberg Construction broke ground last month on the Grand Canyon Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Station.
4. Sigma Contracting, Inc. broke ground recently on the $7.4M, 100KSF headquarters and warehouse for high-end furniture retailer Potato Barn at 7104 E. Ray Rd., Mesa
5. The Weitz Company is proud to announce the start of construction on Sky Crossing, a 14KSF recreation center located in the Sky Crossing Community in north Phoenix.
6. Foresight Senior Living Development LLC. and W.E. O’Neil will hold a groundbreaking ceremony on May 9th for the new Eternal Spring of Gilbert Senior Living Community. The new development is a two-story, 80KSF senior living community offering 59 assisted living and 36 memory care resident rooms.
7. Construction of the Production Test Facility at the Florence Copper site is continuing and progressing well. Since construction of the $25M PTF began in September 2017, all 24 injection, recovery, monitoring, and replacement irrigation wells have been drilled and completed on the property. In addition, construction of the Solvent Extraction and Electrowinning Process Plant is well underway.
8. A newly-built roadway adjacent to Interstate 10 in the West Valley opened to traffic this week, restoring 59th Avenue access after Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway construction required a permanent shift in traffic flow.
9. Construction was recently finished on Biodesign Building C, the third building in Arizona State University‘s Biodesign Institute masterplan. The masterplan will eventually comprise of four interconnected buildings with Building D yet to be built.
10. The 40-bed Rehabilitation Hospital of Northern Arizona has opened and achieved accreditation from The Joint Commission, an independent nonprofit group that certifies health facilities nationwide. It earned the commission’s Gold Seal of Approval last month.