1. Greenberg Construction recently broke ground on Aviation Row in Chandler. Plans include Class A lobby and offices with open work areas and a warehouse including three high-bay aviation parts facility with specialty cleaning, electronics and detailing areas. The gross area with mezzanine is 44KSF.
2. The Arizona Department of Transportation is now underway on a project at the Twin Arrows interchange along Interstate 40 just east of Flagstaff. The $4.5M project will create new eastbound off- and on-ramps, and improve the bridge structure with new girders, wider abutments, a widened and repaved deck and new safety barriers. Work is expected to be complete by fall.
3. The Arizona Department of Transportation announced that work is getting underway to construct piers supporting the flyover ramps for the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway interchange at I-10 in the West Valley.
4. At a recent celebration commemorating the Hilton Tucson East Hotel’s 30th anniversary, plans for an $8M renovation were unveiled. Refurbishment will include complete transformation of all 232-guest rooms, a new hotel pool, lobby area, meeting rooms/ballroom and modernization of building HVAC and water systems. A new hotel restaurant and bar concept will also be showcased. The hotel is owned by Caliber – The Wealth Development Company and operated by Heavlin Management Company.
5. American Leadership Academy celebrated the groundbreaking of its newest K-6 campus in Queen Creek on April 13. The campus will be home to over 60 employees and 700 students and is scheduled to open in August. McGrath Construction is the general contractor.
6. Construction of a 240-unit rental community with two-story, eight-plex buildings is underway on Orange Grove Road west of Oracle Road in Tucson. The project called Pima Canyon is expected to be move-in ready this fall.
7. Greenberg Construction recently completed the KTNN Media Center in St. Michaels, AZ. The new 7.3KSF, single-story building includes office space, conference rooms, workout area, lobby/reception area, broadcast studios and all associated site improvements.
8. hardison/downey construction, inc. recently announced the completion of the Freeway Logistics project in Phoenix. The project included construction of two single-story industrial buildings with loading docks at the rear. The buildings, situated on a 16.2-acre site near 28th Street and the I-10, feature load bearing concrete tilt-up walls and a steel joist and girder / wood panelized roof system.
9. Skanska announced that construction on phase one of Dexcom’s facility located at 232 S. Dobson Road in Mesa, is wrapping up. The 145KSF project is a build-out of an existing shell building. The first phase included the renovation of a 60KSF industrial warehouse to medical device manufacturing space that will produce hardware and software compatible glucose monitors.
10. LGE Design Build recently completed headquarters for hot air balloon operators, Rainbow Ryders. Construction consisted of a 12.3KSF office located at 715 E Covey Lane in Phoenix. The project had a value of $1.6M.
11. Tucson International Airport recently opened a new Transportation Security Administration checkpoint for Concourse B. The expanded and relocated checkpoint, part of a $28.3M terminal optimization project, has four lanes followed by a “recomposure area” overlooking the airfield. Construction on the airport’s Concourse A security checkpoint is scheduled to be completed in August.