1. Block 23 in downtown Phoenix has broken ground this week. This project includes construction of approximately 300 apartments, 150,000 SF of office space, 50KSF of commercial space to include a Fry’s Marketplace & additional space for restaurants/retail & 1,000 above and below grade structured parking stalls. Red Development is developing the parcel, OMNIPLAN is designing the project and Whiting Turner is the GC.
2. Work started last week on an RV park and course renovations at the Arizona City Golf Course.
3. Ground was broken last week for the MSA Annex, a Mercado San Agustin retail and restaurant expansion featuring converted shipping containers in downtown Tucson.
4. Groundbreaking ceremonies were held April 4 to begin creating roads and infrastructure at the planned Rancho Mercado development in Surprise.
5. Family-owned Dot Foods broke ground last week on the site of its new $30M Bullhead City distribution center.
6. Ground broke recently on the mixed-use Bidtracer prototype project in Old town Scottsdale. The development features street level retail, second level office space and a private residence on level three.
7. LGE Design Build will break ground April 17 on a new $2M production facility in Surprise for Milam Glass.
8. UniSource has dedicated the Steven H. Jacobson Solar Facility north of Kingman following the site’s completion last month. The $9M, 32-acre facility will provide enough power for 900 homes.
9. Modernization and renovation work has been completed on the TSA’s B Concourse Security Checkpoint at Tucson International Airport as part of the airport’s Terminal Optimization Program.
10. Lakeside luxury residential community SALT recently welcomed its first residents. The 265-unit class A property was developed by OlliverMcMillan in partnership with Ascentris on a 3.7-acre site in the City of Tempe.
11. The Weitz Company finished construction on the 119KSF Savanna House, an assisted-living and memory care facility, in Gilbert in late March.
12. The Weitz Company also announced completion of The Bob & Renee Parsons Leadership Center for Girls & Women at Camp South Mountain for Girl Scouts-Arizona Cactus-Pine Council.