1. SWP Contracting & Paving started construction on the ADOT US95 and Avenue 8E Intersection Realignment in Yuma April 1st.
2. Banner Health will begin construction on its new $60.4M, 40KSF emergency department in Sun City on Wednesday. The department will be an addition to the Banner Boswell Medical Center. Sun Health Foundation and Banner Boswell Medical Center will be hosting a groundbreaking ceremony at 9 a.m. at the medical center located on Thunderbird Boulevard and 103rd Avenue.
3. White Castle broke ground on the first Arizona restaurant for the 98-year-old family-owned business. Located at 9310 East Via de Ventura in the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s Talking Stick Entertainment District near Scottsdale, White Castle expects to open in Fall 2019.
4. Dairy company Fairlife LLC has begun moving dirt at the site of its future $200M plant in Goodyear. The plant, to be located at the Palm Valley 303 Business Park near Cotton Lane and Thomas Road, will be about 300KSF and is expected to be operational by the second half of 2020.
5. River’s Edge Assisted Living is still in the midst of being transformed from a motel into a facility for housing the elderly and/or disabled. Located at 2050 S. 4th Ave, Yuma, the new facility, part of the Northstar Senior Living family, will open the last week of May or the first week of June.
6. A new $1M Community Assistance Resource Center with the mission to provide residents easy access to nonprofit services covering a wide range of needs is scheduled to open June 27. The new facility is being built as an expansion of the Peoria Community Center, 8335 W. Jefferson St. CORE Construction broke ground on the project in January 2.
7. A new in-hospital birthing unit with two delivery rooms will open in early July on the Tucson Medical Center campus, El Rio Health, in partnership with TMC for Women.
8. FSL held a grand opening for the new Marist on Cathedral Square on Thursday, April 11. The new affordable senior living apartments are located at 111 S. and 235 S. Church Ave. in Tucson. The $25M project turned the historic Marist College into the site of a new affordable senior living community featuring 83 units.
9. The Palazzo, a continuing care community located at 6250 N 19th Ave. in Phoenix, has completed the remodel of the $10M, 350KSF North Wing of its Assisted Living facility.
10. Meridian has announced that it has completed the renovation and repositioning of Grunow Memorial Medical Center, a landmark 53KSF, two-story, medical office building located at 926 East McDowell Road in Phoenix, Arizona. KQ Architects assisted with capital improvements and tenant improvement buildouts.