Awards & Accolades
1. Phoenix Business Journal has published its list of Top Valley Construction Projects Started in 2017. Taking the Number 1 spot is the Maricopa County Intake Transfer and Release Facility, with a total budget of $185M.
2. The $10.5M, 122.5KSF Westech Business Center broke ground this week, marking the latest speculative industrial development to begin construction in the City of Chandler as it aims to attract more jobs and companies. Petsas Commercial, LLC is the owner/developer.
3. Arizona Department of Transportation is scheduled to begin a second Interstate 10 widening project in Pinal County in the next week. Drivers can look forward to having three lanes in each direction between Casa Grande and Tucson within 18 months.
4. Skanska has commenced work on EdgeCore Mesa’s facility located at 3856 S. Everton Terrace. Phase one, a $22M construction project, consists of development of a 25-acre site into the first of a seven-building data center. The project includes site work, underground utilities, a 200KSF two-story precast building, electrical and mechanical equipment, platforms and generators.
5. AZ Big Media has published a report: New to Market: 6 Projects You Need to Know listing major projects either starting work or recently completed in Arizona. (Pictured: the $300M TEN Distribution Center in the West Valley.)
6. The Arizona Department of Transportation is progressing toward the construction of an overpass on State Route 347 in Maricopa. Crews began demolition of several vacant homes ADOT acquired to clear the way for the overpass. Work will then proceed on the project, which is scheduled to be completed by late 2019.
7. Bowlero Corporation announced work is progressing and it expects to open its new 33KSF location at the Scottsdale Shopping Center this spring.
8. The Ak-Chin Circle Pedestrian Bridge connecting the UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center to Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino is complete and has opened. The project is part of the ongoing multimillion dollar renovation and expansion project at the site. Nelson Partners served as the architect, Sundt/Yates Joint Venture as the general contractor for the pedestrian walkway.
9. Following the completion of phase one in the ongoing $25M renovation of the Arizona Center, Parallel Capital Partners has inked a five-year 60KSF lease with Arizona State University to house its Thunderbird School of Global Management at One Arizona Center.
10. Phoenix Children’s Hospital will open a new 6KSF outpatient rehabilitation center at Mercy Gilbert Hospital next month.
11. The Florence Community Health Center, offering behavioral health care and family medicine or primary care, will open its doors soon. Officials with Horizon Health & Wellness, owner and operator of the new health center, said extensive remodeling of the building included a 26-bed adult observation unit for mental health patients, completed this month. Later phases will add a 16-bed psychiatric inpatient unit and an 18-bed children’s observational unit. No timeline has been set for the later phases.