1. LGE Design Build has begun construction at the new Emerald Center in Tempe, which will feature the new location of Guitar Center.
2. Groundbreaking has been announced for the 77KSF Overstreet project in Chandler for the end of March.
3. Davis Enterprises will break ground March 28 on a new three-building, 78KSF project near I-17 and Deer Valley Road, known as Enterprise Deer Valley.
4. Construction has begun on a new tower at Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino as part of a multi-million dollar expansion that will be completed by mid-year.
5. The Arizona Department of Transportation has released a virtual tour video detailing expansion and progress on the new South Mountain Freeway.
6. Innovative Mechanical Systems has begun a $1.5M project to replace the campus cooling system at Mohave High School. The job is scheduled for completion in May.
7. Construction is progressing on Thatcher’s 5-leg roundabout on Golf Course Road at the intersections of Robinson and Hoopes avenues. Project cost for the new interchange is $320K.
8. The White Mountain Apache Tribe Behavioral Health Center opened three new buildings March 17.
9. Drury Hotels Co. has opened a new 210-room property – The Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center. The hotel includes 3KSF of meeting space.
10. The Arizona Department of Water Resources has received the dam’s end-of-construction report and has given the Magma Flood Control District a certificate of approval for the Magma Dam north of Florence.
11. A ribbon-cutting ceremony this week opened the new location at the southeast corner of Broadway Boulevard and Euclid Avenue in Tucson. Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District owns the site, and is leasing it to Greyhound for its new, permanent station.