Awards & Accolades
1. In partnership with City of Phoenix, Valley Metro Rail’s Northwest Extension has been selected by the Associated General Contractors of America as the recipient of the 2017 Alliant Build America Award in the Highway and Transportation New category.
2. Parallel Capital Partners and Angelo Gordon & Co. announced work has begun on the $25M renovation project at The Arizona Center. In addition to multiple improvements to the existing site, the project will add multifamily housing and a boutique hotel. Skanska USA is the GC. Gensler is the architect.
3. American Leadership Academy broke ground on a 42-acre campus in Gilbert and plans to welcome as many as 2,500 students to its facility this fall.
4. Bourn Companies, in conjunction with a group of investors from Mexico led by the Bours/Stamos Zaragoza family, is breaking ground on a new $18M, 5 story mixed-use, transit-oriented development project in Tucson called “City Park.”
5. River Valley Estates, a senior living and memory care facility coming to Yuma in the next 10-12 months, ceremonially broke ground March 2.
6. Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix will add a little more than 700KSF at a cost of almost $420M. HKS Inc. is the architect, and they’ve teamed with DPR Construction for a June 2017 opening of the hospital’s new emergency department.
7. Developers of PhoenixMart are expecting to have a significant portion of the project’s main building completed by the end of March. The center could open by mid-2018.
8. Construction on the 53KSF Topgolf venue in Marana starts this month.
9. Glendale’s newest senior-living community Orchard Pointe at Arrowhead prepares to open next month, offering two specific and cutting-edge programming options for residents with cognitive impairment.
10. Wet ‘n’ Wild opens for the swim season March 18, following renovations that include a new family restroom and $500K water filtration system.
11. The $9M, 88 stall restroom renovation and expansion at Gammage Auditorium was unveiled March 14.