Awards & Accolades
1. AZRE magazine held its annual Real Estate & Development Awards March 8. The RED Awards highlight impressive projects completed in the last year, as well as the companies and people that make each project possible.
2. AZRE has published the list of 10 most expensive building permits in Phoenix, as compiled by the research team at BuildZoom.
3. Iconic Design Studio and AWE Corporate Interiors are combining their talents to represent the design and furniture industries at the 2018 Western Regional Dental Experience in Glendale. The two will collaborate on “Iconic & AWE: One & Done Dental Design.”
4. High Street Residential and MetLife Investment Management announced construction has commenced on The Osborn Residences. The mixed-use project is located at 7th Avenue and Osborn Road in Phoenix, adjacent to The Osborn Marketplace.
5. Terravita Country Club in Scottsdale will break ground on a $5.2M remodel of the club’s 22-year-old clubhouse in April. The project is expected to take eight months.
6. LGE Design Build, Phoenix, has commenced construction on Gilbert Collision Center in Chandler. The two-story project will total 31KSF and will be complete in November. Part of the AutoNation Group, this will be Gilbert Collision Center’s third Valley location.
7. Work is underway on Centennial Park in Somerton. Officials plan to unveil the project as part of the city’s 100th anniversary celebration in June.
8. DSW Commercial Real Estate announced the groundbreaking on a new retail center, a stand-alone Starbucks and 8KSF of multi-tenant retail space at University Commons at Feldmans in Tucson. Gansline and Associates is the architect of record and Canyon Builders has the construction contract.
9. ISM Raceway (formerly Phoenix International Raceway) debuted a new sports bar and grill, new escalators and a ticketed hospitality area during the TicketGuardian 500 NASCAR Weekend as part of its ongoing $178M renovation.
10. Work is ongoing at Phoenix’s $23M rejuvenation of South Mountain Preserve. Components include ramadas, entrance improvements and trailhead renovations. Work is expected to be complete in 2024 for the park’s centennial.
11. Sagewood is expanding its on-site Acacia Health Center with the 47KSF Desert Willow Assisted Living, currently under construction, offering 44 one- and two-bedroom apartment homes. It will open in fall 2018.
12. The final phase of Somerton’s citywide street improvement program, begun in 2007, will kick off this month with the repaving of the Parkway subdivision.
13. Simon CRE is adding a 10.5KSF, multi-tenant retail building at the NWC of 93rd and Northern avenues in Peoria, adjacent to Applebee’s, Wienerschnitzel and Carl’s Jr. Construction is underway and will be finished in August.
14. Northern Vertex Mining Corporation announced its first gold pour at the Moss Mine. The phase two open pit mine, near construction completion, was designed to have a five-year life at a projected mining rate of 5,000 tons per day.
15. Camelot Homes is increasing its investment in the Arizona market with the grand opening of White Horse, the continuation of sales at Lane’s End, the finalization of its plans at Desert Mountain, and the finalization of plans at Heirloom at Morrison Ranch.