Awards & Accolades
1. AZ Big Media announced its finalists for the annual Real Estate & Development (RED) Awards. The full list and event information are available here.
2. OdySea Aquarium has been named Best Sports/Entertainment Project for 2017 by ENR Southwest.
3. Scottsdale-based 1784 Capital Holdings, LLC, has broken ground on its most recent Class A self-storage facility at 11061 N. Oracle Rd. in Oro Valley. The $10M development will be managed by LifeStorage.
4. Construction is slated to begin this month on the 157-room Element hotel in Scottsdale’s SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center complex near Scottsdale Road and Enterprise Drive.
5. Maricopa Public Works Director Bill Fay said Ames Construction, the contractor for Arizona Department of Transportation, has not yet submitted a formal calendar to ADOT for the planned SR 347 overpass but that the contractor has “plenty of time” remaining to do so.
6. Mountain Shadows has officially opened its luxury wing of resort condominiums and suites, marking the completion of the $100M resort in Paradise Valley.
7. Mattress manufacturer King Koil will start operations in April at a new 90KSF factory located in Avondale.
8. Online sports memorabilia company Pristine Auction has completed construction on a 37KSF build-to-suit on 2.6 acres in the Spectrum Ridge Business Park.
9. The more than 600-space, 55+ mobile home community Roadrunner Lake Resort, will close in August, 2019. Officials with the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community announced they will not renew the facility’s lease.