1. Phoenix International Raceway and architect Daniel Germani of Daniel Germani Designs teamed up to renovate the Ronald McDonald House in Phoenix.
Awards & Accolades
2. The Water Infrastructure Finance Authority of Arizona announced that the Apache Junction Water Utilities Community Facilities District and the Town of Springerville were selected to receive WIFA’s Project of the Year awards. WIFA’s Project of the Year awards are presented in recognition of exemplary project management and commitment to public health protection through the improvement of drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
3. Construction has begun on contemporary, two and three bedroom vacation villas at the Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson.
4. A full conversion of 901 East Madison in Phoenix’s Ballpark East neighborhood from warehouse to a shared creative work space is underway. Norris Design purchased the building in late fall last year with plans to relocate its Phoenix office and share space with other creative professionals.
5. Shepley Bulfinch has announced the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony on March 2, 2017, for phase one of en Hance Park, a distinctive condominium development in downtown Phoenix. Groundbreaking for phase two will take place in the spring.
6. Urban Amusement Group LLC is opening a $1.4M Urban Jungle Fun Park in Mesa on March 10, with two others to follow in Avondale and Chandler later this year
7. Galvanize Inc., the learning community for technology, has opened its educational and co-working campus. The Warehouse District campus will serve 220 members from 48 companies.
8. Mora Italian, an Italian osteria that will serve as celebrity chef and TV personality Scott Conant’s introduction to the Valley, has opened in Phoenix. LGE Design Build planned and built the $2.3M project.
9. Renovations made as part of The Arizona Biltmore’s $35M facelift last year include a new look for the lobby, with custom carpets that mimic historic stained glass windows, lollipop lamps, modern art, and skylights.
10. A college dormitory has opened for Benedictine University students in downtown Mesa in the completely renovated former Alhambra Hotel.
11. The Goldrush-Arcadia corridor in Bullhead City will be ready to open next week. The newly paved road will connect Silver Creek Road with North Oatman Road.
12. Irgens – Phoenix has announced completion of its $1M renovation and modernization of its 501 N. 44th St. office building. Irgens acquired the property in 2016.