Awards & Accolades
1. Ideation Design Group (IDG) has been named a finalist in the prestigious Airport Experience Awards which honors the best in global airport design, management and concessions. The firm is being recognized for its work on Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport’s Terminal 3 transformation.
2. Year Lincoln Property Company joined with local dignitaries and guests to break ground on the first building at Park303, a major industrial master-planned development that at build-out will accommodate up to 4.5MSF of ultra-modern, freeway-fronting Class A industrial space in Glendale. Butler Design Group is the architect for Phase I and Hunter Engineering is the civil engineer. Willmeng Construction is the general contractor. Completion of Phase I is scheduled during the fourth quarter of 2020.
3. After successfully completing and fully leasing the first building at Chandler Corporate Center, VanTrust Real Estate has commenced construction on Phase II, a 118KSF office building located at 4100 W. Chandler Boulevard. The office project, marketed by Colliers, was designed by Butler Design Group, is being constructed by Stevens Leinweber Construction and is expected to be completed by September 2020.
4. HCW, Caesars Entertainment Corporation and Macerich recently broke ground on Caesars Republic Scottsdale, Scottsdale’s newest 11-story, 265-room hotel at the corner of Highland Avenue and Goldwater outside of Fashion Square mall. The development is expected to open in Fall 2021.
5. The Arizona Department of Transportation broke ground on a $134M project to improve mobility and safety on a 3.75-mile Nogales highway. Ames Construction is the general contractor and Horrocks Engineers is the civil engineer. The project, once completed, will help increase international trade coming through Nogales by linking the Mariposa Port of Entry and Interstate 19.
6. A modern luxury apartment complex is going up at the site of Tucson’s iconic Benedictine Monastery, 800 N. Country Club Road, after more than two years of negotiations. Under the direction of general contractor Sundt Construction, crews have started preparing the grounds, with construction expected to be completed within two years. Ross Rulney is the developer and Poster Frost Mirto is the architect.
7. A construction crane has moved in on Fourth Avenue at the site of The Union on Sixth, a 250-unit apartment complex with ground floor retail in Tucson. Developers got more than $36M in permits for the project, starting in the 300 block of East Sixth Street. The complex is expected to open next year.
8. Northwest Healthcare recently broke ground on Northwest Transitions, a 60-bed inpatient rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the Northwest Medical Center campus at the corner of West Orange Grove Road and North La Cholla Boulevard. Northwest Transitions is expected to open in early 2021.
9. Construction has started on a 24,527-acre BP Wind Energy North America Inc. wind farm project in White Hills. The wind farm is owned by NextEra Energy Renewables Holdings LLC and Mohave County Wind Farm LLC, and is expected to be online by December.
10. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe broke ground Tuesday on its new 5.8KSF convenience store and fuel station in Mohave Valley. The store is expected to be open for business in September.
11. RED Development will welcome its first residents at The Ryan, a 332-unit apartment community, in the spring as part of the larger mixed-use project, Block 23 in downtown Phoenix. StreetLights Residential is the developer for the project.
12. During the past 18 months, passersby have noticed the uniquely shaped BMO Harris bank tower, called One Camelback, being gutted. Now a blank canvas, Stellar Residential is ready to turn the structure into some of the highest-priced apartments in the Valley. Katerra is the general contractor and prime supplier for the One Camelback project. Construction is expected to be done in the first half of 2021.
13. McCarthy Building Companies recently celebrated the topping out for the new $106M, 40KSF emergency room and patient tower at Banner Boswell Medical Center, located at 10401 W. Thunderbird Boulevard, Sun City. The architect is HMC Architects and the project is expected to be complete in Fall 2020.
14. Kitchell Development Company has completed construction on Cave Creek Crossing, a 47KSF retail center that included the construction and buildout of a 30KSF Sprouts Farmers Market and construction of two retail buildings, Shops A and B at 5355 E. Carefree Highway. Butler Design Group was the architect for the shell building and BRR Architecture was the architect for the Sprouts. A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.
15. Governor Doug Ducey joined the Benson Unified School District to celebrate the grand opening of the new 17KSF Frank “Chic” Maldonado Learning Center Elementary School in Benson. The Maldonado Learning Center is the first public school in Arizona built entirely with state funding in more than 13 years.
16. Mark-Taylor announced the company’s newest luxury community at Higley and Baseline in Mesa, San Villante. The multifamily community is newly constructed and comprises 348 units.