1. The Arizona Department of Transportation is set to begin upgrading nine miles of State Route 260 to a four-lane divided highway between Camp Verde and Cottonwood west of Interstate 17. The $62M project also will create seven roundabout intersections at Thousand Trails Road, Coury Drive, Cherry Creek Road, Horseshoe Bend Drive, Wilshire Road and two locations that will accommodate future development.
2. Phoenix-based Vestar has commenced the $15M renovation of its shopping center Desert Ridge Marketplace located off Loop 101 and Tatum Boulevard in north Phoenix.
3. Desert Botanical Garden is spearheading the redevelopment of 18 acres near 12th Avenue and Vineyard Road in south Phoenix into a “Spaces of Opportunity” community garden and incubator farm.
4. Hacienda at the River, a 7.9-acre senior living facility at 2720 E. River Road in Tucson will open in stages between now and mid-May.
5. LGE Design Build has completed the 10KSF Estrella Women’s Health Center at 10240 W. Indian School Road.
6. The Yuma County Recorder’s Office has taken up residence in its newly completed facility at 197 S. Main Street in Yuma.
7. The latest addition to the downtown Phoenix Biomedical Campus opened last week to house labs for cancer, molecular medicine and other health research. The University of Arizona’s $136M Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building on Seventh and Fillmore streets adds to the university’s College of Medicine-Phoenix programs downtown.