1. Work has begun on the Arizona Department of Transportation’s project to shift the I-10 alignment at Ina Road in Marana.
2. Sea Life Aquarium at Arizona Mills has begun construction of its $1M Colorado River Adventure children’s attraction. Opening is planned for late spring.
3. San Tan Pavilions, has announced six incoming tenants, which amounts to 119KSF of retail and restaurant space. Remington Nevada is overseeing development at the site, and the tenants are expected to open in Q4.
4. Mohave Valley-Fort Mohave Community Park will have LED lighting installed on its athletic fields within the next three months. The park is being built entirely from grants, donated funds and volunteer labor.
5. Empire Group has filed for a partial demolition permit for the former Circles Records and Tapes building in Phoenix to make way for a new mixed use development.
6. Alliance Residential Company has five developments totaling more than 1,300 apartments under its Broadstone brand in various stages around the Valley. They are: Broadstone Fashion Center (335 units), Broadstone Arts District (280 units), Broadstone Roosevelt (316 units), Broadstone Gilbert Heritage (256 units) and Broadstone Lakeside (150 units).
7. Joint venture partners Sundt Construction and DPR Construction recently gathered with Banner–University Medical Center Tucson employees and Tucson community members to celebrate the topping out of a new hospital tower. The project is scheduled for completion in 2019.
8. Earlier this month, LaPour Partners announced that Graycor Construction Company will lead the design-build construction of the Camelback Collective, mixed-use development featuring 120KSF of Class A office and a 160-room AC by Marriott hotel
9. The Arizona Department of Transportation has opened all four ramps at Grand Avenue and Bell Road, the Valley’s newest highway interchange.
10. Taylor Morrison has completed its 24-home development Treo in Old Town Scottsdale and will commence sales soon.
11. The $22.3M, 76KSF Maricopa County Southwest Regional Court Center has been completed on West Van Buren Street in Avondale.
12. The Ability360 Sports & Fitness Center Aquatic Center’s three fully renovated adaptive pools will reopen later this month after completing a 40-day-long remodel.