1. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on Jan. 21 for the first of the five-phase expansion of the Ponderosa Bible Church. The first phase of the project, expected to be complete by September, is 5,861SF and includes a new entrance, larger foyer, expansion and remodeling of the church’s nursery and pre-K area, addition of a kitchen and pantry, and utility and storage rooms.
2. Construction has begun on the $12M Kofa High School Renovations project in Yuma. Renovations include the construction of two new buildings and remodel of four existing facilities along with the addition of tennis courts. Construction is scheduled to be complete by 2019.
3. A groundbreaking ceremony was held for The Reserve at San Tan Building 6 on Tuesday, February 13th at 343 E Germann Rd in Gilbert. Phase I of the project is a 3-story, 70KSF multi-tenant Class A Office space. Layton Construction is the general contractor.
4. Habitat for Humanity has started building its first home in Arizona City at Mission Drive and Monaco Boulevard. A wall-signing ceremony was held on Feb. 3rd and construction of the home is expected to be complete on June 2nd.
5. ADOT has recently completed construction on a new bridge at Cherry Creek in Camp Verde as part of a $62M project to widen SR 260. The bridge will connect the new eastbound lanes of SR 260 and help carry more traffic.
6. NOVO Development completed the first building at CenterPoint Logistics Park in El Mirage. The build-to-suit facility was developed in just 10 months for EPCOR as an area service center.
7. After a six-month, multi-million-dollar development, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Downtown opened at 10 East Thomas Road. This centralized location allows for easy access to downtown attractions such as, sporting events and the Phoenix Convention Center, dining, shopping, entertainment, the light rail and Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.
8. Courtesy Volvo and Mullin360 have completed construction on Courtesy Volvo of Scottsdale, a new 22KSF full service dealership at 4001 N 89th St., for $4.5M. The project included a service and parts department, sales and finance offices, and a showroom.
9. Choice Hotels International Inc. has opened the 136-room Cambria Hotel Phoenix near Chandler Fashion Center at 3165 W. Frye Rd. The hotel is part of the Chandler Viridian mixed-use development project and features a pool, fitness room, lounge area, on-site dining, and 1,300SF of multi-function meeting space.
10. Robson Multi-Family will be opening Noria, its first 237-unit luxury apartment community in Chandler, in March. Noria will establish entry into the multifamily market for Robson Communities. P.B. Bell was selected to manage leasing and property management for the community.