1. Wexford Science & Technology LLC is preparing to break ground on the 200KSF, $77M ASU Phoenix Biomedical Campus in Downtown Phoenix. ASU has sub-leased the land to Wexford for the new project, the first such private-public partnership on the Biomedical Campus.
2. The granite sidewalks in front of the R.H. Johnson Recreation Center are being changed to concrete and the project began on Moday, Feb. 11. The project will be done in segments, so facility access won’t be impacted.
3. Five Star Development hosted a private groundbreaking ceremony on Feb. 13, to commemorate the start of construction on the initial phase of the retail and restaurant component of The Palmeraie, a $2B master-planned community that spans 122 acres on the border of Scottsdale and Paradise Valley. The Palmeraie is expected to open by the end of 2020.
4. Medieval Times is celebrating a significant milestone in its construction progress with a topping out ceremony on Feb. 20, at its 10th castle coming to the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community’s Talking Stick Entertainment District. Since breaking ground in April 2018, construction has been underway, and the final piece of steel will be raised and placed on the 80KSF castle this month. Cuningham Architects is the design firm on the project and Whiting-Turner is the general contractor.
5. CIVANA has completed its nearly $50M renovation and repositioning with the grand opening of its new, 22KSF Spa just outside of Scottsdale.
6. LGE Design Build has completed construction on Adelante Healthcare Goodyear, a nearly 45KSF comprehensive primary health care center at 13471 W. Cornerstone Blvd., Goodyear. LGE completed both the new single-story shell building and the interior tenant improvements in parallel to complete this innovative and unique medical center on the campus of Abrazo West Hospital. The interior architect for the project was Triarc Architecture and Design.
7. Benchmark Electronics Inc. has opened their new 63KSF, two-story headquarters on Feb. 8th. The new office near Loop 101 and 202 has a gym with showers and lockers, a large break room with a ping-pong table, a production room with audiovisual equipment, and an open office concept.
8. Liv Communities is holding a grand opening ceremony on Feb. 28 for their third senior living community, LivGenerations Pinnacle Peak. Ryan Companies US, Inc. was the general contractor on the 170KSF project and Todd & Associates, Inc. was the architect.
9. The Milwaukee Brewers held a ribbon-cutting and dedication ceremony Tuesday at the team’s new $60M+ Spring Training and Arizona player development complex, which also included an unveiling of the official name of the facility: American Family Fields of Phoenix. HKS Architects was the architect on the project and Mortenson Construction was the general contractor.