Awards and Accolades
1. Seven families recently received their certificates of occupancy for homes they built on their own in Sommerton. The homes are part of the Rollow Estates, a subdivision being developed on the west side through a mutual housing program supervised by Housing America Corp. The non-profit helps low- or middle-income families achieve home ownership by helping them qualify for low-interest home loans and subsidies.
2. Mortenson announced the groundbreaking for the newest hotel in downtown Phoenix. The company is developing and building a Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton at the intersection of N. 1st Street and E. Polk Street, centrally-located near entertainment and business, and immediately south of the downtown campus of Arizona State University (ASU). It will be the first Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Phoenix.
3. Ameresco, Inc., a leading renewable energy and energy efficiency company, and the City of Phoenix hosted a ceremonial groundbreaking for the start of a multi-million dollar wastewater treatment biogas utilization project at the 91st Ave Wastewater Treatment Plant. Once operational, it is expected to be the largest wastewater treatment biogas-to-renewable natural gas facility of its kind in the United States.
4. The Quad, a pet-friendly development on 13 acres at 64th Street and Thomas Road will feature six office buildings and another space that includes a restaurant and other amenities. A second phase with seven more buildings will be underway in March.
5. Housing Trust has started construction on the Aviva apartment development in Mesa. The gated development will total 325 apartments and is located at Baseline Road and the Loop 202 in Mesa.
6. Sprouts, a 30KSF store on Prescott’s E. Sheldon St., in March.
7. ADOT has set Feb. 16 as its target date for completion of the ramps connecting Bell Road and Grand Avenue in Surprise, as well as the activation of the traffic signal atop the bridge.
8. Nineteen new elementary classrooms were opened here this week in a ceremony marking completion of the first of several school building projects financed with a 2015 bond issue. School district officials say the addition at Ed Pastor Elementary School comes in time to meet what they predict will be a surge in student enrollment.
9. LGE Design Build has completed construction on a new 81KSF design center and distribution facility for flooring provider J.R. McDade Company at 4317 E. Broadway Rd. in Phoenix.