1. Western States Lodging, along with development partners Boyer Group and Colmena Group, started work on Legacy Village of Salt River, a senior housing community. The property will offer 216 units in a mix of two-bedrooms, one-bedrooms and studios.
2. YAM Properties began construction at YAM Circle, a 17.8KSF shopping and dining hub in N. Scottsdale. The developer, YAM Properties LLC, is the real estate investment and development group of entrepreneur and philanthropist Bob Parsons.
3. Though overpass construction is delayed, the Arizona Department of Transportation intends to begin tearing down structures on properties it owns in Maricopa’s Heritage District in mid-February to make way for the project.
4. Construction is approximately half complete on Offices at Chandler Viridian near the Chandler Fashion Center. The six-story, 250KSF project is scheduled for substantial completion in Q4 2018.
5. 14KSF development The Churchill, built completely out of repurposed shipping containers, is hoping to create a community-driven marketplace full of local businesses when it opens this spring.
6. Trilogy at Verde River, has debuted the 30KSF Verde River Golf & Social Club, the newest club in the North Scottsdale.
7. The long-anticipated Maricopa Denny’s location has been under construction in recent months and is to open officially on Feb. 19.
8. The first residents are moving in at the $63M, 325-unit Aviva luxury apartments in Mesa. The development will open in various phases between now and June.
9.(np) The $8.5M Northwest Emergency Center Marana is expected to open Feb. 15. The facility, which has no hospital attached, is billed as a “freestanding emergency department”.
10. Renovations are nearly complete at Prescott Unified School District’s more than 100-year-old Washington School, which will soon become the district’s headquarters. Plans are for the district’s 25-member staff to relocate to the building in March, with a grand opening ceremony on May 1.