1. Irwin G. Pasternack AIA + Associates PC and Pasternack Properties recently broke ground on TEN Distribution Center 1, a Class A industrial building representing the first 1.1MSF in the planned $300M, more than 3.6MSF TEN Distribution Center industrial park on 83rd Avenue near the confluence of Interstate 10 and the Loop 101 in Phoenix. Irwin Pasternack serves as the property owner, architect and developer.
2. Maricopa Integrated Health System and the City of Peoria celebrated the groundbreaking of the new West Valley Primary and Specialty Care Center. When complete, the facility will address the health needs of the rapidly growing West Valley with a wide range of services.
3. After four decades as part of the downtown Tucson landscape, the now-vacant La Placita complex was scheduled to be torn down building by building starting this week. Owner HSL Properties has submitted plans to build market-rate apartments and ground-floor retail businesses, including a restaurant and a coffee shop.
4. Casa Grande Middle School and Saguaro Elementary School’s new campus is moving right along, members of the Casa Grande Elementary School District board heard recently. Jason Grant, project manager with McCarthy Building Companies, told the board progress is on schedule for students to start the next school year in their new digs.
5. The ISM Raceway Project Powered by DC Solar experienced a milestone in its redevelopment efforts recently when DAYTONA 500 champion and FOX Sports commentator Michael Waltrip helped install steel beams signed by fans and the entire field of drivers during November’s Can-Am 500 in ISM Raceway’s new Canyon 2 – one of the new expanded entrances.
6. The Weitz Company has recently completed construction on the Sun City Grand Chaparral Center & Granite Falls Pro Shop Refurbish in Surprise.
7. The Weitz Company has recently completed construction on Sun City Festival Cart Barn and Restaurant Bar Patio Expansion in Buckeye.
8. NOVO Development has completed the first building at CenterPoint Logistics Park in El Mirage. The build-to-suit facility was developed in just 10 months for EPCOR.
9. Renovations at Uptown Plaza, which bills itself as The Valley’s original shopping center are complete. The plaza celebrated in a community ceremony Jan. 27.
10. St. Louis area-based logistics and trucking company Mid America Logistics has opened its fifth operations center, this time in Phoenix. The new center is the company’s first in the western region of the U.S.
11. Skylanes, a boutique bowling alley and nightlife destination on Indian Plaza in Scottsdale, opened to the public last week. It features six lanes of bowling, DJs and dancing.
12. hardison/downey Construction, Inc.’s renovations for Ewing Irrigation’s Corporate Headquarters are complete. The project was an extensive renovation and work included demolition of an interior glass façade as well as the executive and interior office suite.
13. Jackson-Shaw and LaPour Partners Inc. have finished construction on a speculative industrial project in north Phoenix’s Deer Valley area. The commercial real estate development duo also built Parc Pinnacle – a 311KSF three-building industrial project.