Awards & Accolades
1. Business Insider has recently named Tempe City Hall, or Tempe Municipal Building, as the ugliest building in the Arizona. Along with the city hall were a few “dishonorable mentions”, showcasing the Century Link Tower and BMO Tower in Phoenix.
2. Great Wolf Lodge broke ground last week to mark the start of construction on its latest water park and family entertainment center in the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community near Scottsdale.
3. Western States Lodging recently broke ground on its third community in the Phoenix metropolitan area with Legacy Village of Salt River, located at Pima Center in Scottsdale.
4. Work is scheduled to begin next week on the State Route 347 overpass construction project in Maricopa.
5. Mark IV Capital has broken ground on 2625 at Chandler Freeway Crossing, a 153KSF, Class A office building in the company’s 40-acre Chandler Freeway Crossing business park.
6. Workers are expected to break ground on Mirabella at ASU, a “continuing care retirement community,” in February. The facility will be located at the corner of Mill Avenue and University Drive in Tempe.
7. Cypress Office Properties, LLC and Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. announced that Phase I of Renaissance Square’s $50M renovation is complete, and that construction has commenced on Phase II renovations. Phase II will include the redevelopment of the lobby connector that unites the two Class A towers and upgrading the existing 20KSF gym into a luxury sports club.
8. LevRose Commercial Real Estate recently hosted a grand re-opening event for its extensively renovated and expanded office at 4414 N. Civic Center Plaza #100, Scottsdale.
9. Phoenix VA Health Care System has opened a 15KSF, $8.6M dental clinic on the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center main campus in Phoenix. The project was designed by GLHN Architects and Engineers Inc. and built by Sun Eagle Corp.
10. Cotlow Company of Tucson has completed construction of a built-to-suit for TOI Real Estate, LLC. The new facility is located at 12315 N Vistoso Park Road in Innovation Park, directly west of the Northwest Medical Center – Oro Valley Hospital in Oro Valley. The facility has 10KSF of clinical space, physical rehab, medical equipment & braces, procedure room and two X-ray units.
11. A Sprouts Farmers Market opened on Jan. 10 along Loop 202 on Longbow Parkway and Recker Road.