Awards & Accolades
1. Gilbane Building Company, together with design partner DLR, accepted the ENR Southwest “Best Project Award” in Healthcare for their recent MIHS Maryvale project.
2. Hines announced it has broken ground on Adeline, a 25-story, 379-unit luxury for-rent residential high-rise community at the Collier Center in downtown Phoenix. Construction is expected to finish in late 2020-early 2021. Leasing will begin in 2021. SmithGroup is the architect and Whiting-Turner is the general contractor.
3. Epicenter at Agritopia, a 320-unit multifamily and 49KSF retail development in Gilbert, broke ground on Thursday. Johnston and Co. and Streetlights Residential, the development firms for Epicenter, expect the project to be open to residents by the end of 2021.
4. Construction has started on the new $65M, 23-acre aircraft storage, maintenance and light manufacturing development at Falcon Field in Mesa. The Mesa Hangar project is the first Opportunity Zone project at Falcon Field.
5. Hawaiian Airlines recently celebrated the opening of a 15KSF Information Technology Center in Tempe, the carrier’s largest office outside its Honolulu headquarters.
6. Phoenix Children’s Hospital’s Specialty Pediatric Clinic at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center celebrated the grand opening with a ribbon cutting on January 9th. The 45KSF clinic will bring world-class specialty pediatric care in 11 highly sought-after areas to East Valley families.
7. The grand opening of the 10KSF Asante Library is set to take place in Surprise next month. The event is scheduled for February 1st from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 16755 W. Vereda Solana Drive. The new library will feature amenities such as self-check kiosks, a multipurpose room, public access computers and wireless printing capabilities, as well as study and meeting rooms.