Awards & Accolades
1. With 2017 home sales surpassing 900, Eastmark has been recognized as the top-selling master-planned community in Arizona for the third year in a row, according to reports by real estate advisory group RCLCO.
2. The 93-room Silverbell Hotel on Tucson’s south side is in the midst of a $2.5M restoration and rebrand. To be renamed Hotel McCoy, the revitalized facility is scheduled to reopen this spring.
3. The latest in a series of asphalt walking paths, or andadors, will open for public use on Somerton’s west side by the end of January.
4. Jackson-Shaw and LaPour Partners Inc. have completed construction of Parc Pinnacle, a 312KSF, three-building speculative industrial development in Phoenix’s Deer Valley submarket.
5. The 1.7 mile Damon Trail in Rio Rico, a paved bike and pedestrian path, was fundamentally completed in November. Finishing touches, such as final landscaping and signage, will be in place by the end of February.
6. Casino Del Sol, The Sol of Tucson, has a brand-new Paradiso Lounge. The property has relocated the music venue to a fully renovated private room, complete with a full bar, lounge tables and couches, a stage, full-size video wall and more than 15 televisions.
7. The two asphalt extremes of the Pima County Loop finally met the Friday before Christmas near Fort Lowell Park. Tucson-area cyclists, walkers and runners now have a complete, 55-mile, mostly cars-free circuit that encircles much of the city.