1. YWCA of Southern Arizona will break ground next month on a Community Kitchen at its House of Neighborly Service in Tucson.
2. The White Mountains will be a bit more bike friendly due to the work of an informal group of Navajo County, Pinetop-Lakeside and Show Low officials, and private citizens working to promote road safety awareness over the next five years.
3. Work on The Wedge adaptive reuse project in Tempe has wrapped up. The former college bookstore at 1015 S Rural Road is now provides space for up to six retail tenants.
4. LGE Design Build has completed work on a $1.3M retail renovation near Arrowhead Mall in Glendale. In collaboration with developer Wadsworth Development Group and designers Cawley Architects, the improved space how has room for four retail tenants.
5. LGE Design Build has finished work on two 70KSF campuses in Chandler and Glendale for Legacy Schools. Students in both areas now have a new choice for academic development. LGE served as both architect and GC on both projects.
6. Last week marked the completion of the often-covered World View Spaceport facility in Tucson. The base at 1805 E. Aerospace Pkwy. features a 700-foot diameter launch pad and was completed for less than its original $15M budget.