By Roland Murphy for Arizona Builder’s Exchange
Three vacant lots on 4.47 acres will be combined as the site for eight commercial buildings at Main and 54th streets in Mesa.
Buildings will range from 1,600-10,512SF and include spaces suitable for office, auto-related sales and services, restaurant and other uses.
The unique design of the development’s structures will feature extensive use of re-purposed ISO containers in six of the buildings with the intent to create a unique visual presence that integrates into the Main Street cityscape.
The containers will complement larger concrete tilt slab construction with double T roof panels. Office and retail spaces will also feature aluminum and glass storefronts with metal canopies.
Landscaping will consist of Indian rosewood, mesquite and evergreen elm trees along with acacia, bougainvillea and other shrubs and ground cover.
A breakdown of the planned buildings includes:
- 1,600 SF, two-story architects office and gallery combined with a 7,100SF shop and storage building to be built later
- 6,495 SF commercial building suitable for auto repair
- 6,346 SF suitable for golf cart sales and repair
- 10,512 SF suitable for tire sales
- 4KSF restaurant space
- 2,200 SF suitable for automotive-related business
- A second 2,200 SF suitable for automotive-related business
- 3,757SF expected for use as a pet crematory