1. Sletten Construction has started remodeling work at the former Reynolds school location in southeast Tucson. A.23studios is the architect for owner Sonoran Schools. When completed in May, the project will have brought a school that had been shuttered for 10 years back into compliance.
2. Plaza Cos. has broken ground on a $16M, 64KSF medical office project on Banner Health’s Banner Estrella Medical Campus in the West Valley. The property is expected to open in December.
3. Groundbreaking for the Third Avenue Parking Garage Expansion at Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center was January 2. The design-build project team is JE Dunn Construction and GLHN Architects & Engineers. Completion is planned for September.
4. Multiple ramps leading to and from Interstate 10 will be permanently closed and reconfigured over the next several months to make room for an interchange connecting to the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway. In place of the ramps, the Arizona Department of Transportation and Connect 202 Partners will construct new roadways parallel to I-10.
5. Earlier this week, the Arizona Department of Transportation issued a status update on several projects taking place in Pima County. Updates included details on the first phase of renovations at Ajo Way and Interstate 19, the near completion of a new interchange at I-10 and Ina Road and a project to ease congestion at I-10 interchanges east of downtown Tucson.
6. On January 18, Native American Connections, Mercy Care Plan and Mercy Maricopa opened the doors to Camelback Pointe, a new 54-unit permanent supportive housing community at 1537 W. Camelback Rd., Phoenix.
7. Hotel Adeline, the new Scottsdale hotel at 5101 N. Scottsdale Road, is now open to the public. ESI Ventures developed the hotel and HRI Lodging, LLC will manage it. The 4.5-acre, 213-room property makes its debut following a $12M renovation.
8. LGE Design Build has completed construction on the new $2.7M headquarters for Milam Glass Co. in Surprise.