Awards & Accolades
1. Bobbie Lorraine Mastracci, CCIM has achieved the SIOR industrial designation awarded by the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®. Mastracci completed five years of creditable experience in the field of office real estate; met stringent education requirements; and demonstrated professional ability, competency, ethical conduct and personal integrity. SIOR is international professional organization of just under 3,100 commercial real estate professionals, 2,900 of whom have earned the coveted SIOR designation.
2. Arizona Rock Products Association (ARPA) partnered with Grace Lutheran Church and City Manager Ed Zuercher with the City of Phoenix to beautify the exterior community block outside the church. Volunteers from Grace Lutheran Church joined ARPA member company volunteers Bob Gazis, Gila River Sand and Gravel; Paul Marsh and Rebecca Kervella, Calportland; Jason Standage, FNF Construction and ARPA staff Steve Trussell, Heather Thrasher, Nicole Massarand and Tammy Franco in installing an irrigation system, eight Chinese elm trees and decomposed granite on barren dirt strips in front of the church.
3. Western Alliance Bank founding CEO James H. Lundy is retiring. Lundy helped take the Western Alliance from a startup bank in 2003 to the fourth-largest bank in Arizona. Don H. Garner, a founding executive of the bank, will take over as CEO on Jan. 1.
4. Valley Metro RPTA and Valley Metro Rail Boards of Directors took action to finalize an employment agreement with Scott Smith that will transition his service to CEO. Smith, former Mayor of Mesa, has been Valley Metro’s Interim CEO since February 1, 2016. He will continue to guide the region’s transit system responsible for building and operating light rail, regional bus, Dial-a-Ride and vanpool.
5. Tierra Right of Way Services promoted two employees in their Tucson Right of Way Division. Amy Tracey has been promoted to Project Manager-Relocation Assistance, and Kevin Hendon has been promoted to Project Manager-Acquisition. In her new position Amy will oversee and coordinate the efforts of Relocation Agents working on relocation assistance projects. Kevin will oversee and coordinate the efforts of Acquisition Agents working on right of way and easement acquisition projects based out of Tierra’s Tucson headquarters.
6. Hoskin Ryan Consultants, Inc. announced the promotion of Matthew Mancini and Ryan Raab to Vice President. Both Matt and Ryan have been instrumental in the growth and success of the company. This promotion further positions them to effectively lead strategic growth and provide operational oversight. Matt attended Clarkson University and earned his BS in Civil Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in Arizona and Nevada. Ryan attended The Ohio State University and earned his BS in Civil Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico.
7. Evergreen Devco, Inc. recently promoted Leanne Koppes to Property Manager. Leanne will be responsible for managing Property Operations for multiple properties.
8. Miramonte Homes announced the promotion of long-time employee, Gerrie Gray, to the position of Vice President of Land Acquisition and Development. Gray will be responsible for finding and negotiating land development and acquisition opportunities in Tucson and Flagstaff. She will also oversee projects to make sure the land is developed according to master plans.
9. Ethan Davidson has been promoted to National Director of Asset Engineering at Alliance Residential Company. Ethan’s responsibilities include oversight of the director of facilities program and capital management for the asset engineering department.
10. Evergreen Devco, Inc. recently promoted Drew Johnson to Project Manager on the Nexus team at Outlook DTC – a five story, 243-unit wrap product with a parking garage located in the Denver Tech Center. Drew will be responsible for managing and planning all aspects of the construction process.
11. Tierra Right of Way Services announced the hire of Greg Lane as a Right of Way Agent/Title Examiner in the Right of Way Division at their Tucson headquarters. Greg has more than 26 years of experience in the title industry.
12. LSW Engineers announced the addition of three new Phoenix team members. Hired as a Field Observer, Aaron Wright will be responsible for providing construction administration services. Brian Marshall joined the team as Technology Drafter and will be supporting the firm’s expanding technology services department. Mechanical Designer, Chris Doan, E.I.T., has also joined the firm and will lend support to the firm’s mechanical department.
13. Silver Fern Companies, LLC recently hired Robert Takahashi as Project Engineer. In his new position Robert will review construction drawings, property reports, proposals, plan submittals, and ALTA Surveys. He will prepare bid scopes and construction schedules, as well as assists Land Managers with the coordination of daily construction activities.
14. Dean Pehrson, P.E., has joined David Evans and Associates, Inc. (DEA) as a senior project manager for land development projects. As a senior project manager, Dean provides leadership and direction to design teams, including outside consultants, to address each project’s development requirements.
15. Ensemble Real Estate Solutions recently hired Jackie Lundblad as Vice President, Strategic Planning. Jackie will be responsible for developing and managing physician alignment strategies, providing contract negotiation expertise, planning medical office developments and guiding clients through the complexities of healthcare reform strategies.
16. Vestar hired Taylor Alvey as Vice President of Leasing. In his new position Taylor will be responsible for overseeing and growing the leasing efforts of assets throughout Vestar’s Arizona and California projects.
17. SimonCRE has hired two new professionals. Brent Atkisson has been brought on as Construction Manager, where he will oversee new construction projects, expansions and redevelopments. Evan Willee has been hired as the new Marketing Coordinator. Evan will assist with marketing strategy, including content creation, maintaining the company’s CRM, and marketing automation.
18. Evergreen Devco, Inc. has added two industry professionals to their team. Tracie Whitley joins the team as Project Coordinator in the firm’s Phoenix division where she will assist with multiple complex commercial development projects. Eric Bolton joins the team as Director of Construction, overseeing the firm’s retail construction division.
19. GPS Retail Advisors recently hired Marty Olejarczyk as Partner. Marty’s focus will be retail chain tenant representation, as well as listing select retail land, shopping centers, and single-tenant buildings.